January 4, 2016

Happy new year, everyone! I'm typing this in between laundry time, yup I'm trying to be more productive and squeeze in more writing time this year! *fingers crossed* I wanted to start 2016 by taking a look back at my 15 hits among the many misses of 2015. Buying cosmetics is really a matter of trial and error. And you know what they say, you'll never really until you try. So as not to bore everyone, I'm dividing this into 3 posts. Today let me tell you about the products I repurchased within the year (yes, it means I fell in love with it!).

(In no particular order)

Yay for repurchases!

Nippon Pro Blend Sponge Cleaner

The OC in me brought out my diligent once a week habit of cleaning my sponges and brushes this year and I've met my match in the Nippon sponge cleaner! It's a basic liquid cleaner with, I believe, antibacterial properties. I just squeeze a generous amount on the sponge, massage and squish it up to get the foundation residue out, then rinse. I repeat this for usually twice more just to be sure I'm getting everything out. Voila, my Beauty Blender and wedge sponges get all cleaned up in a few minutes!  I cannot emphasize the importance of keeping tools clean and this is my perfect partner for it. 

Accra Kappa Eau de Cologne White Moss

I chanced on Acca Kappa when I went gift shopping in Rustans. I was attracted to its minimalist packaging and fell in love at first sniff (haha) when I spritzed it. It had a really clean and fresh smell, like you just got out of the shower. It's like nothing can change how fresh you will smell throughout the day, haha. I won't exactly wear this on a special occasion (that would call for another perfume for another post) but this is my go-to scent for regular days in the office or casual dates. 

Growing up, I've never worn too much perfume. I actually shied away from it since my father is allergic to most scents (particularly strong ones) and we usually refrained from wearing perfumes in consideration. And so my perfume journey started a little bit late just this year when I realized a good perfume, just like the perfect pair of shoes or a tube of lipstick, can complete an outfit. Hey no harm in being a late bloomer, lol!

Celeteque Acne-Clearing Concealer 

Before I discovered my current favorite and HG concealer, Celeteque's concealer was the bomb for me. So much so that I repurchased it quite several times, I probably bought around 20 pieces of this! It's easy to use - the pointed tip makes it ideal even for small blemishes. Just dab on the spot and pat to blend with either fingers or a sponge then set with powder. I believe this has salicylic acid, which can also help in drying up the pimple. 

Make Up For Ever Step 1 Redness Correcting Primer 

The most random trips can sometimes yield the best discoveries and such is the case with MUFE's Redness Corrcting Primer, which I discovered in a random and impulsive trip to MUFE in Greenbelt. True to who I am, I walked in without any plans of buying and walked out with several items, this included. Lol. A sheer amount of this "green stuff" is incredibly effective in taming the redness of my pimples; concealer just isn't maximized without the aid of correctors. Redness minimized, longevity of concealer maximized. Win!

Nivea In-Shower Skin Conditioner 

Now this is my probably my best discovery for 2015. Perfect for girls who are just too lazy to put on lotion but suffer from dry skin. Hallelujah to this product that moisturizers just as well minus the hassle of waiting for the lotion to dry! It doesn't have a strong scent so you won't have to worry about it clashing with your signature perfume. I just slather it on after body wash and rinse in the shower then I am done with my moisturizing duties for the day. After using it for almost the whole year, my skin has never been softer and healthier. 

I'm excited which products I will discover and love this new year. May we never tire of trying out new stuff and finding wonder in each new discovery.❤️ 

⭐️Happy beautiful new year!⭐️ 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.