September 28, 2015

,

Put the Glass Down (and Look Up)

Image from gfx9.com

I must confess, it's been awhile since I blogged. And here I am after several months about to dish out on personal, non-beauty stuff. Some comeback, huh? Anyway, this is something I feel I must get off my chest so that I can proceed with other things (a.k.a. get back to work. oh wow.)

Stress is killing me today. Stress management has never been my strongest competency; I'm not very good in coping with sudden changes and roadblocks have a way of really irritating me (making me go into whining instead of immediate problem solving). Combine that with crazy hormones and you get one stressed out person. Wow, that's thrice the use of the S word in one paragraph!

So anyway, today was extra difficult. Looming deadlines and a lot of obstacles sort of got into me. You know how you just feel so, so tired and that you just feel like crying? That's how I felt at the end of this day. I stewed over this feeling for a few hours and I realized, hey it's okay to admit that I am tired! I don't have to be superwoman and deny myself the right to feel tired. I AM tired.

Doesn't mean that I have to keep feeling sucky, though.

Divine intervention just made itself felt and I came across a Facebook post on stress management shared by my boss, hence the stock photo for this post. Nope, it's not about the glass being half-empty or half-full. It was about holding the glass for how long. For better appreciation, let me quote part of the anecdote.
"The stresses and worries in life are like that glass of water. Think about them for a while and nothing happens. Think about them a bit longer and they begin to hurt. And if you think about them all day long, you will feel paralyzed – incapable of doing anything." It’s important to remember to let go of your stresses. As early in the evening as you can, put all your burdens down. Don't carry them through the evening and into the night. Remember to put the glass down!"
It makes much sense, right? I realized, why have I been holding the glass the whole day? Why let myself feel paralyzed and overwhelmed? I can do this! And if I can't find a way, won't my God find the way for me for the work He has given me? It's not very original but hey, it's still a lightbulb moment! For every stressed out lady (and gents too) who may get to read this, please consider putting the glass down and it won't help to look up and ask for His help (or even just consolation, it helps ;>).

Be blessed!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.