December 13, 2013

, , ,

MissJenAusten Eats: Project Pie


"Clear your mind of can't." 
This seems to be my current mantra in life. Reforms at work (aka in government)? It CAN be done. Your weight loss goal? Achievable. Educational aspirations? You're a step away from that diploma. Financial goals? You're a day away from abundance. We can. Yes, we can. Oh yes, we can! #positivity

I'm a sucker for inspirational and motivational quotes. Just check my Pinterest, haha. That's why I love the wall decor of the recently opened Project Pie at Bluebay Walk along EDSA-Macapagal. :) But aside from the minimalist interiors of the place, I enjoyed the food and this is coming from someone who's not the biggest fan of pizza.

Project Pie is a an artisan pizza place conceptualized by James Markham "who got sick of eating bad pizza and thought the good stuff cost too much". Project Pie allows its customers to custom build the pizza that they want based on several choices. It has now landed in Philippine shores and is ready to serve the Filipino tastebud.


How does exactly Project Pie work?

1. Choose your pizza. (Check out their menu in MunchPunch.) Order other items in the menu too (e.g. salad, dessert, etc.)
2. The pizza ladies will ask if you want other toppings on your pizza.
3. Pay for your order.
4. Wait for your name to be called once your order is ready.
5. Eat! :)

Order and ask for additional toppings for your own artisan pizza!
Find out what items in the menu we tried after the break!
My officemates and I shared a serving each of Project Pie's Pizza No. 6 and No. 7. We also tried Mixed Greens salad and Classic Caesar Salad.
 
Top L: Pizza No. 6, Top R: Mixed Greens Salad, Bottom L: Classic Caesar, Bottom R: Pizza No. 7


Pizza No. 6 has grilled chicken, sliced red onion, cilantro, mozzarella, gorgonzola and BBQ sauce. Since I'm a huge fan of BBQ, I like this more than the other pizza. Pizza No. 7 is a white pizza (i.e. no tomato sauce) topped with prosciutto, caramelized onion, mozzarella and parmesan. The crust is just right for both pizzas; I had no trouble eating it too. The pizzas are flavorful but not nakakaumay. I surprisingly enjoyed eating pizza for lunch! (I usually crave for rice for lunch, hihihi.)

We also ordered two salads for sharing which I'm more than happy to oblige with since I'm not a big salad eater. :p

Project Pie's Classic Caesar salad has the usual romaine, parmesan, croutons and dressing. I won't say this tops my favorite Caesar salad (from Mary Grace!) but this is good enough and will leave one feeling full after. My officemate took a liking to the Mixed Greens salad with its grilled chicken, gorgonzola, craisins, candied walnuts, mixed greens (duh!) and raspberry vinaigrette. It had a sweeter taste to it plus it looks extra pretty with its red color. Veggies for both salads were fresh and clean, yay.

Choose from the bevy of drinks available!
Some suggestions my officemates and I have:
1. Include pasta in the menu (PLEASE?! *insert puppy eyes*)
2. Serve good coffee. (Who's tired of bad coffee and good coffee that's just too expensive? Raise your hand!)

I will certainly come back and bring my boyfriend with me. He's a pizza lover and I have a feeling Project Pie will make it to his list.

To end this post, let me post another quote found in the Project Pie wall.

"Don't be afraid to give up the good to go for the great."
Drop by Project Pie and unleash the artisan in you. Create your own pizza and you just might surprise yourself what you can come up with. ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.