December 18, 2013


Haven't really posted a Christmas wishlist. I thought it might be better to purposefully start thinking of resolutions for the next year instead of cram on the 31st of December, not have enough time, haphazardly decide then revert back to the old ways by the 5th day of the start of the year.

2013 has been ripe with many lessons, all valuable in themselves. And this is a good starting point for me to think of the things I want to improve for the next year. My motto for 2014 is  

#BetterAndBlessed2014

Be careful of your thoughts; it might become you!


As I was doing my usual Facebook feed check, I came across an interesting article entitled, '20 Things to Let Go of Before the New Year'. The author listed quite a lot and if you ask me, if you have all 20 at the same time inside you, man, that's a pretty heavy load to carry! I'm grateful to pass up on the other items but yes, I did find myself wanting to cross out some things in the list while reading for the monitor (hehe).

  •  Let go of all thoughts that don't make you feel empowered and strong.  (This includes comparing myself with others!)
  • Let go of the fear of the unknown; take one small step and watch the path reveal itself.  (Baby steps...baby steps...baby steps...)
  • Let go of blaming anyone for anything; be accountable for your own life. If you don’t like something, you have two choices, accept it or change it. (Your emotions are your accountability. How people act is their responsibility but how you react is yours.)
  • Let go of thinking you are damaged; you matter, and the world needs you just as you are. 
  • Let go of thinking everyone else is happier, more successful or better off than you. You are right where you need to be. Your journey is unfolding perfectly for you
  • Let go of thinking your dreams are not important; always follow your heart. (Your dreams are important. <3)
  • Let go of thinking you have to know how to make it happen; we learn the way on the way. (which is how I pretty much coasted through this year, maybe I just need to gain more confidence.)
  • Let go of self-hate. You are not the shape of your body or the number on the scale. Who you are matters, and the world needs you as you are. Celebrate you! (Focus on fitness!!!)

Quite a lot, no? But alas, next year will be better. New and improved, 'ika nga. Hehehe.

And the first step after crossing things out? Keep positive that all these changes are possible for the 2014. #BetterAndBlessed #BawalAngNEGAtron



So for the first part of my #BetterAndBlessed2014, here's to oodles of optimism and tons of control for (negative) thoughts for the next year!

Despite the challenges and trials, I still believe that I have been immensely blessed this 2013 and I believe that God's grace will never run out. Next year will still overflow with His blessings and the year after and so on it goes.


My Lord, sustain me in my journey to self-improvement. 
You have made me in Your image and likeness; 
help me to hold on to that especially in times of self-doubt and disappointment.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.