November 25, 2013

Back in Blogging + The Beauty Drive

Wow, it's been 3 months since I last posted in my blog. Kumusta naman ang hibernation!

Quick rundown of stuff that has happened in the past months:


~ experimented with my own makeup for a friend's wedding (and fell in love with a long dress from Dorothy Perkins)

~ my 26th birthday (lol) and bought myself a lighted train case <3
~ informal makeup gig - did my friends' makeup for their Les Miserables mini-concert
~ awesome dates with le BF - Tagaytay, Nuvali, ramen date
~ museum date with my college friends (also called LIFE friends)
~ special events makeup workshop with Maquillage Professionel
~ micro reviews posted in my Instagram account (http://www.instagram.com/missjenausten)
~ relief operations in Villamor airbase (truly humbling experience)

As for the last item, the past days spent in Villamor Airbase working on the relief operations have been challenging yet humbling and fruitful at the same time. It deserves a separate entry in itself. And yes, a separate collage!

Bayanihan at its finest
Along the lines of bayanihan and solidarity, I came across a very interesting donation drive. Not for the basic necessities but for, wait for it, MAKEUP! Yes, you read that right. There is apparently a call from the Department of Education for usable (and sanitized!) makeup items that we can share with teachers who have been affected by typhoon Yolanda (Haiyan). After the relief stage will come the rebuilding part and yes, teachers will continue teaching. Uplifting to see our teachers primped up, smiling once again and ready to continue their mission to educate and form young minds. Presenting The Beauty Drive! Click on the photo below to go directly to the site for more details.

http://blogs.stylebible.ph/previewblog/2013/11/25/the-beauty-drive/


And that's it, pansit! My eventful September, October and November. Hopefully more good things to make habol this last week of November. :) I'll definitely be back to writing. It won't be easy to continue alongside with the tons of work but what do you know, it's definitely therapeutic!

See you in the coming days!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.