October 6, 2012

, , , ,

Glossy vs. Matte: Nails

Matte nail polish was all the rage like last season ago and even before; here I am discovering the trend just now. What can I say, better late than never, right? :p

'Too late the hero' ang peg. CHOS. :D

Anyway, I picked up a cute polish from Etude House - a good shade of green (nothing too grassy or moldy for my taste) - thinking that I can pull it off even in the office. On days, of course, when I do not have meetings, hehehe. I tried it on recently and the shade was still as cute as it looked like when I tested it a few weeks back. Only this time, it was a little too bright for my taste. Hmmm.

My quick fix-it? A matte top coat! I'm glad that I came up with a more subdued shade afterwards, still green but the matte finish lent sophistication to it. It became a little more office-friendly. Here's a comparison and you be the judge which is better. :)

P.S. This is really supposedly a bluegreen-ish shade but my camera phone just washed the green out completely and made it look like sky blue. :)))) Excuse the messy application.


Products used:
Sally Hansen Double Duty Strengthening Base & Top Coat
Etude House Help My Finger Matte Top Coat
Etude House VIP Girl GR605


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.