August 1, 2012

Haul Post: Curious Cat's July 31 Haul

Haul post coming up! The Curious Cat did a little shopping and got a few neat additions to her kikay stash. Ooooohhh, exciting!

In an attempt for a little organization, let's divide the haul into two groups: 1) nail products and 2) ELF products. Ready? :)

NAIL PRODUCTS


[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="491"] a. Color Club All About Color (L-R: Pretty in Platinum, Who Are You Wearing, Wild Orchid, Pardon My French)
b. Cutex Nail Color with Keratin in So Mudly in Love
c. ELF Nail Polish in Nude[/caption]

I'm not really a high-maintenance kind of gal when it comes to my nails. I don't have regular manicures and can live without nail polish on my nails.



My biggest downfall, I guess, is my love for nail polishes (without necessarily painting them on my nails! :p) and how I can get so ga-ga over all the colors. *eyes twinkling*

Since I'm trying to take care of my nails (or what's left of it, me being a terrible nail biter in the past), I got myself a few implements - a cuticle pusher and a nail buffer. And of course, the Curious Cat just had to get a few polishes. Teehee! :)

ELF Products


ELF has been around for quite some time and I can say that they've really upped their game with the ELF studio line - a little bit more expensive but still affordable and you get way more than what you paid for. And since SM Advantage Cardholders get a 10% discount today on ELF products, I knew I had to grab some.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="491"] Have you tried any of these stuff?
How did you like it? :)[/caption]

I got the Eyelid Primer and Liner Sealer primarily because I am now in an eye makeup phase. My eye makeup skills are practically zero so I am just experimenting for now and basically just trying to build up my arsenal.

Added to the Curious Cat's collection are two eyeliner pens. I'm just getting the hang of using liquid eyeliner right now and the eyeliner pen is is just perfect for my 'practice sessions'. I got it in two shades: Midnight (a deep purple shade) and Teal (looks like a bright turquoise in the cardboard but is actually more of a deep turquoise; surprisingly eye-enhancing). I think I might have gotten a Midnight eyeliner pen from a bad batch since it was already dried up when I tried to swatch it on my hand. :( Will be going back to the department store tomorrow to have it exchanged.

A cult favorite during my college days was ELF's Eye Widener - white eyeliner perfect to cheat through the "wide awake" look. Even though my eyes are already big as it is, I will still be giving this one a try. Have to fake the "I just had 8 hours of sleep and I feel great" look. Hehe!

The sales assistant, who was very nice and helpful, recommended the Luscious Liquid Lipstick in Baby Lips. Girls, you ought to have this! It can be a glossy "my lips but better" lipstick. It's natural tint makes it very wearable in the office, at school and even to complement a smokey eye.

Lastly, I added a small smudge brush which can also double as a concealer brush. For girls on a budget or just starting to play with makeup, I would recommend purchasing ELF Studio brushes as they're quite affordable (I don't any brush of theirs is priced over 500 pesos) and the quality is good.

I wasn't able to take photos of the two Ever Bilena Matte lipsticks (Offbeat Pink and Mauvey) that I also bought. I have read a lot of good reviews about it and am looking forward to post one of my own. :)

So there you go, the Curious Cat did some shopping, huh? :) These babies will get me through this week. There's quite some excitement bubbling inside the Curious Cat. Now I will have to say meow meow and take my catnap. ;)

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I am genuinely thankful to the holder of this web page who has shared this wonderful paragraph at at this place... drive recorder

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.