June 23, 2020

God First

I woke up this morning in a stupor. Nope, I was neither drunk nor hung over. I slept very late the night before because I caught up with a friend who was having a very difficult time in her life. My body is no longer in its youth, I can feel all-nighters catching up with me. In fact, all-nighters are now a very rare occurrence for me. Hehe. 

I didn't want to arrive too late at work so I willed my body to move faster. I sat down and debated in my head whether to rush into my routine or to proceed with my usual morning prayers. There was a flicker of the temptation to rush into things. But I'm glad I didn't. I sat down and went about my morning prayer. 

Granted my mind was a bit cloudy. I did double duty to grasp the psalms and prayers but my heart was right there trying its best to focus on the Lord. And I'm glad I didn't give in to the temptation of putting off God. Having those extra minutes of solace reminded me of lifting this day up to God that all my thoughts, words, and deeds may glorify Him. 

It's a struggle, yes. You won't feel warm and fuzzy all the time. But persevere in prayer. Give God the best part of your day and let Him come first in your life. 

Be blessed always.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.