September 30, 2012

Ooops, I did it again. Nope, I'm not going to go Britney on you guys but I'm sorry for being MIA for almost two weeks. A lot of things are happening at work (coordinating for an event) and my grandma was hospitalized for a week (thanks to everyone who are praying for her fast recovery) so writing had to take a backseat for a while. My new header (oh look up the page! Do you like it?) inspired me, though, to get down to business and write a post. Hey, I'm never getting momentum again if I don't start now, right? :)


Stress Eating


As I've mentioned, a lot is going on and that always produces some kind of STRESS for me. And you know me, my "cat-ness" is more Garfield-ish - I resort to eating. Guilty as charged. I share with you this week's guilty pleasures, you just mightwant to try one for yourself. :)


Oh please raise your hand if you didn't have these snacks even just once in your lunchbox back in grade school!







Macadamia is just heavenly, 'nuff said. The mushroom-shaped biscuit, on the other hand, is coated with milk chocolate. Yan Yan and hazelnut go very well together. Potentially addicting (and fattening), you've been warned.



It's not all snacks and chocolates; I've had my more-than-fair share of carbohydrates. Yummy ramen twice this week (yum!) and a plateful of sumptuous Seafood Spaghetti in Marinara Sauce from Bistro Ravioli. I like how this had a generous amount of seafood in it unlike other restaurants who will just place a clam or two then a tiny shrimp for the sake of calling the dish 'seafood'. Love that place, great food and ambiance.



Bordeaux Lips


With Fall looks all the rage these days, every makeup enthusiast's scrambling to make their own interpretation. Saw some really nice Fall-inspired looks. ^.^ What has particularly caught my fancy is bordeaux lips. Yes, the vampire-ish shade of lipstick. So far, I haven't been bold enough to wear it outside the house but I tried it for fun at home. Hey, it didn't turn out so bad; I just might be able to rock this at an upcoming dinner event. (*crossing my fingers for that event's success*)



Fail false eyelashes attempt. #practicemakesperfect



Gradient Nails


All that glitters is not gold. But in this case, yet it glitters and it is gold. Loving Etude House's Juicy Gradation nail set. Review soon! :)



The last weeks have been somewhat crazy and hectic but thank you Lord for life's little pleasures. I know You are my refuge and strength; there is nothing I can do without You. But these little things, it makes the crazy times a wee bit more sane and bearable. :)


Til the next! Ciao.


Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.