March 24, 2012

,

March Food Trip!

"One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating."
~Luciano Pavarotti and William Wright, Pavarotti

Ah, food. It lights up my eyes! :) I'm such a foodie and all of my friends know that, I think. Hehe. I love to eat. And can i just say it again, I really love to eat. :D I think 80% of my mobile uploads in Facebook are food photos. Heehee!

So without further ado, I present to you my gastronomic conquests (lol) for the month of March.

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="480" caption="Xiao Long Pao from Sze Chuan House"]20120324-085432.jpg[/caption]

 Discovered this gem of a restaurant just a street away from our office. Good food, reasonable prices and efficient service. I daresay the food is comparable to Emerald Garden! :) The xiao long pao is a little too big for my taste though. I can't eat it in a single bite, that's how big it is (or how small my mouth is). And just a tip: eat it while it's hot and as soon as it's served.


Try their Sze Chuan Chicken too, it's the best I've tried there so far. :) Will definitely be back to order other dishes.


Sze Chuan House is in Aloha Hotel along the service road in Roxas Boulevard and across Ospital ng Maynila with ample parking space for its customers. They are open 11:00 am to 2:30 pm and 6:00 pm to 10:30 pm everyday.





[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="480" caption="Torta di Ricotta-Salsa di Caramello (?) from Cibo"]20120324-085834.jpg[/caption]

 My officemates and I went to Manila FAME this month at SMX (different post for that) and had a quick bite in Cibo for lunch. I ordered a tuna sandwich since I couldn't make up my mind which pasta to order. The sandwich is surprisingly good and this is from someone who doesn't like to eat bread. But I digress, the highlight was the dessert we ordered. I'm not sure if it's Cibo's Torta di Ricotta-Salsa di Caramello (heehee, sorry i forgot the name!). It was a cheesecake topped with caramel glaze and grapes on the side. Yum! The sweet-sour tang of the grapes matched the velvety smoothness of the cheesecake and the sweetness of the caramel. Eccellente!





[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="480" caption="Dalandan Juice from Cibo"]20120324-091731.jpg[/caption]

 I heart Cibo. Even they drinks are eccellente! Tried the dalandan juice because I was trying to chase away the sniffles. A bit pricey for a juice but worth every peso! :) It tastes like freshly squeezed dalandan (no ready to drink formulas) with just the right amount of sweetness and the right amount of ice.





[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="480" caption="Lemon Yakult Milk Tea from SIP"]20120324-090641.jpg[/caption]

 SIP Milk Tea opens in SM Manila! So far, I've tried Lemon Yakult Tea and Handmade Taro Tea. The verdict? 5 stars! Lemon Yakult has real lemon slices which gives it an authentic lemon zest. :) Handmade Taro, on the other hand, is for those who like a sweeter drink. Oh and I love their pearls, so chewy! Lol. :D So looking forward to try other variants.


Visit their website at www.idloveasip.com or Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/sipmilktea. You may also follow them on Twitter, @sipmilktea.


I really should be more diligent in posting my photos. I talk way too much for one post! Lol. Cibo, Sip and Sze Chuan House for March. Not bad. I'm excited for April! :)

How about you, did you have a gastronomic experience this month?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.